Spices and seeds that we consume daily have innumerable health benefits. They help controlling blood sugar, reduce oxidative damage, help in weight reduction, improve digestion, fight constipation and improve skin and hair health. However, for persistent issues, share your problem with doctors, and do not just rely on one home remedies. Today we will discuss how to strengthen your immunity system and therefore prevent suffering from diseases by using spices and seeds that are easily available in our kitchen. Some of them are good even when you already are suffering from one:
- Cinnamon: It is a wonder spice. It contains a compound known as cinnamaldehyde. This compound is responsible for the medicinal properties of cinnamon. Cinnamon helps in improving insulin sensitivity and in the reduction of inflammation. It helps to reduce LDL cholesterol and triglyceride. Cinnamon is good for both diabetic and heart patients. Consumption of 1/3 rd. a teaspoon of cinnamon along with proper diet fosters overall health.
- Turmeric: This golden yellow color spice contains curcumin, a substance that has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. It contains a high amount of anti-oxidant which counteracts oxidative damage. Inflammation and oxidative damage-both are responsible for different kinds of diseases. So add turmeric to your daily diet for better health.
- Cumin: These little seeds improve digestion, cure constipation and enhance metabolism. They help to reduce weight by improving metabolism. Cumin seeds contain phenols, flavonoids, and alkaloids which reduce the damage that free radicals cause to our bodies. So for improving your digestion and speeding up your metabolism, drink cumin water in empty stomach early in the morning.
- Ginger: It is a readily available spice that we use for preparing curry. Gingers have anti-inflammatory properties and help in pain management. They are also helpful in treating nausea. So if you have problems like nausea and joint pain, include ginger in your tea.
- Garlic: Garlic is good for heart health. It helps to reduce LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure. It is also very effective for treating common cough and cold. Eat one or two cloves of garlic in an empty stomach, if you have problems like high blood pressure and high cholesterol. However, for persistent problems related to hypertension you need to get in touch with a doctor. Nowadays, it isn’t always necessary to visit the doctor’s chambers. One can talk with doctors online as there are several online chat services for patients available for free.
- Cloves: Cloves are mainly used for the preparation of curry. These are well known for their health benefits. Clove oil is good for teeth. It contains a high amount antioxidants which are good for reducing oxidative stress. This oxidative stress or free radical generation is the root cause of many diseases. So include cloves in your daily meal and clove oil can be used for tooth decay.
- Fennel seeds: These tiny seeds are good for digestion. These seeds are primarily used to cure colic pain among infants. They are very helpful in regulating bowel movement as well. These seeds contain a good amount of different minerals like copper, iron, calcium, magnesium which are some of the most important minerals for our health. Overnight soaked water of fennel seeds will help regulate and normalize your digestive system.
- Fenugreek seeds: These seeds are considered good for people suffering from diabetes. The water that you drink after soaking fenugreek seeds overnight is very effective for lowering blood sugar level. Regular use may reduce blood sugar naturally. It is also good for health. Again, diabetes is a serious condition for which you can opt to chat with professional doctors
- Flax seeds: These seeds are good for heart patients. Flax seeds contain a high amount of omega 3 fatty acids which are good for the heart. The primary sources of omega 3 fatty acids are non-vegetarian foods and so flax seeds are a good alternative for vegetarians. You can add roasted flax seeds in your salad and curd.
- Bay leaves: These are also commonly available in our kitchen but their health benefits are not widely known. These are very good for our skin and hair. They contain a high amount of anti-oxidants which are good for skin and hair because bay leaves prevent free radical damages. So in order to maintain healthy skin and hair include bay leaves in your daily.
Include these spices and seeds in your daily diet as preventive measures from different health-related problems, because all of us know that “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE”.