As soldiers protect us from hostile foreign incursions, so does our body’s immune system. They are responsible in keeping us healthy and fight against germs, infections and other diseases. Immunity of an individual is closely related to seasonal change. Winter in tropical countries is what we all wait for. However, beneath the joy and mirth of wintry mornings lie bacterial and viral infections trying to get the better of you. So it is important to boost your immune system beforehand so that you can protect yourself from cough, cold and other low-immunity related problems.
Some of the symptoms which indicate low immunity are enumerated here: tingling sensation in hand and feet, repetitive infections, headache, diarrhoea, constipation, dry eyes, patches on the skin and coldness in fingers, hands, and feet. In addition, you also need to keep in mind that alcohol consumption, smoking, wrong diet, inactivity, stress and sleeplessness negatively affect your immune system. For more information you can chat with doctors.
Proper food and regular physical exercise improve our immune system, so here are some tips which you can follow in order to boost your immunity:
- Drink fresh Amal juice along with a clove of garlic early in the morning. It provides Vitamin C that in turn improves immunity. One must eat them regularly because vitamin is not stored in our body.
- Drink green tea instead of coffee or milk tea. If you want to drink milk tea, add ginger in it as that would have added health benefits.
- Increase your vitamin C consumption by eating a seasonal citrus fruit every day that is available locally, like- orange, pomegranate, maushambi etc.
- Instead of plain sugar add some honey or jiggery in your breakfast cereal. Jiggery and honey provides essential minerals that help in improving immunity.
- Eat plenty of seasonal cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. Other vegetables like sweet potato, carrot, peas, beans, capsicum, spinach, red spinach, amaranth etc. should also be added to your daily diet. All these vegetables provide essential vitamins like A and C which protect you from common flu.
- Include curd in your everyday meal. Curd is a source of good bacteria, which is not only good for your gut but also in strengthening your immune system, and therefore, protects you from cough and cold which is very common in winter.
- Include nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, and flax seeds as these provide essential fat, Vitamin E and Selenium which are commonly known for their immunity boosting power.
- Include protein rich foods like egg, poultry, and legumes. These provide protein and are a good source of zinc which is essential for building a strong immune system.
- Drink plenty of water: at least 10-12 glasses regularly. Water balances every system in our body.
Along with following a healthy diet you would need to make some changes in your lifestyle as well:
- Do regular physical exercises like yoga, freehand, cardio and strength training for at least 20 -30 minutes per day.
- Try to reduce your stress level as much as possible because stress severely weakens your immunity.
- Sleep for at least 7-8 hours every day.
For more information you can ask health related query by health care specialist.
These are the suggestions you need to follow to nurture a healthy defense system for your body because let’s get it straight – “winter is coming”, and most of us don’t have dragons lying on our backyards!